Closed Blog

This is the three-year journey of an aspiring writer from his earliest attempts to finish his first novella to the book launch. Among other things found along the way in the meantime :)

Pulp's "Common People" Cover by Manel

>> Monday, 9 April 2012



Manel is the most successful Catalan band in recent years. Having released only two albums, they have become popular for lyrics telling everyday stories, a simple and effective instrumentation, and the personality of each of the four components. It's nothing new, yet they're fresh, witty and funny. No wonder they chose "Common People" by Pulp to cover live in concert. "La gent normal" has been named the best Catalan version of an international song by the readers of Ara, a Catalan newspaper. I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello 9 April 2012 18:18  

What an interesting band. Happy Easter Monday to you.

Ann 10 April 2012 00:16  

I'm not able to hear videos on my laptop maybe I'll come back later and listen

RNSANE 22 April 2012 23:55  

Josep, I really enjoyed Manel...so much so that I will look for more of them on you tube. I don't know what I was expecting...something loud and raucous, I think..but, this is something, even an elder like me, can sit, sip a nice Rioja, and enjoy.

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 © Josep M. Pagès 2009-2012. All rights reserved

Back to TOP